Monday, April 23, 2012

advice for djh1(deb)

Deb,

we visited LA/ DLR last year, not our first visit, and our daughter was 15 at the time. Unless your kids are all boys, I would definitely recommend visiting a factory outlet, particularly if you have a limo at your disposal. We spent a whole day at Ontario Mills, and had to buy a set of luggage to transport the stuff back home. The exchange rate was better at that time, but you can still get some great bargains on quality stuff. There is a smaller outlet near DLR called the Citadel, if you want convenience, but it isn%26#39;t as good. We also visited Desert Palms outlet(I think that%26#39;s its name) near Palm Springs, which had heaps of designer stores with massive bargains. There should be a day coach trip from Anaheim if you%26#39;re interested. I%26#39;m not a keen shopper, but even I couldn%26#39;t go past the bargains. You can buy high quality clothing at chain store Oz prices.

You can check out these outlets on the net, including a list of the retailers.

My regret was not taking my daughter to the Warner Bros studio tour. If we go again, that%26#39;s a must.

You should all have a fab time at DLR, even the big kids. They%26#39;ll love the thrill rides.

advice for djh1(deb)

Hi fally

Thanks for the advice. Our only problem is time - I personally hate shopping but my husband and daughters love it! We were looking at going to an outlet mall but it seems that we would have to give up at least a half a day, if not more, to achieve this, as all the good ones seem way out of town. Unfortunately we don%26#39;t have the time for that if we are going to see and do all the other things on our agenda.

We are going to San Francisco, staying in Union Square, and I have been advised on that forum that shopping at Macy%26#39;s is almost as cheap and good as the outlets, so hopefully that is right.

We can%26#39;t wait for Disneyland. There have been a couple of shows on Disney on foxtel the last few days, so that has whetted our appetite.

Thanks again

Deb

advice for djh1(deb)

The Citadel outlet at Commerce is about a 45 minute drive from Anaheim and is really a great shopping experience by non-Californian standards. If you want to spend a half day shopping, don%26#39;t discount it.


I can%26#39;t remember what Macy%26#39;s is like, but I have found that the quality of clothing is generally higher in the USA than in Australian chain stores. I think you%26#39;ll love San Francisco. My husband and I loved it when we visited years ago. It%26#39;s totally different to LA, you%26#39;ll find, and I much prefer it (except for Disneyland, of course!).Enjoy it!

  • shared web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment