Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wharf Inn Penthouse?

I will be traveling to San Francisco in July 2009 with 6 people. I am looking for a hotel near the Wharf because once we park the car my husband does not want to move it. The things I want to do are; go to Alcatraz at night, the science academy, Chinatown (possibly the Wok tour), ride the cable cars, walk across the bridge, and any other National Park stuff. I read that the Wharf Inn has a penthouse that will sleep 6, full kithen, and free parking. I have a quote of $467. Does anyone know about tihs room.



Wharf Inn Penthouse?


We visit the city often for theater and stayed at the Wharf Inn last fall. We usually stay in Union Square, but conventions took up most of the rooms in that area.





I don%26#39;t know about their %26#39;penthouse%26#39;, except that the AAA tour guide describes it as a ';two-bedroom suite with kitchen';. AAA gives it two diamonds.





We were comfortable enough there for one night, but I find the location very busy and noisy.





If you want to look into a Union Square location, here is a website for Grosvenor Suites..this is on the cable car line.





http://www.grosvenorsuites.com/





You would not need to move the car to get to the locations you mention, as San Francisco has an excellent public transportation system.





However, parking is free at the Wharf Inn and the reviews on this forum are mostly positive. You should check them out if you have not done so.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment