Saturday, April 21, 2012

Question about Lux Bus hotel dropoffs

Hi, just wondering, I want to get a transfer with lux bus from las vegas to san diego. I went to book it but the hotel I am staying at is not listed in the list of hotels that they drop off at.



We are staying at sommerset suites, will they drop us off there?



I have emailed them to ask, but they have not emailed back so was hoping somewhere here could help me :)



Thanks!



Question about Lux Bus hotel dropoffs


From the Lux bus web site these are the areas in San Diego where the bus will drop you.



The San Diego service area includes all hotels in the following locations: Coronado, Downtown San Diego, Hotel Circle, Mission Bay, and the Port of San Diego.



Your hotel is NOT in one of these areas.



It is kind of between downtown and Hotel Circle in our Hillcrest area. You MIGHT be able to get the individual driver to drop you if you ask while on the bus and perhaps offer a tip. You MIGHT consider changing hotels to one of those in their normal service area. You MIGHT choose to get off downtown and then take a taxi.



Question about Lux Bus hotel dropoffs


Thanks for the information. We are looking at changing hotels to one of the ones listed in their drop off list.



I have been looking at the Howard Johnson (3330 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92110 ) But then I saw there is a Howard Johnson Express (1631 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 ).



On their list it just has ';Howard Johnson';. Does this mean that they drop off at both hotels, or just the Howard Johnson?



Thanks for your help, I have tried emailing lux bus but they havent replied yet.




WHERE did you find a specific list of drop off hotels?



I did not see it anywhere on the web site but just those general areas I reported to you.



The Howard Johnson that is listed as being on Hotel Circle would probably be the one they mean since Hotel Circle is listed as one of their drop off areas.



I need to do some checking though to see if this location would be convenient for you to get around to our attractions as I am not sure about public transportation there.




I found it on the actual lux bus website. When you go to purchase the transfer it asks for a hotel to drop you off at. It gives a list of hotels.



I am hoping the howard johnson is a good hotel, it is cheaper and rated 79 out of 258 on trip advisor.



We are looking for a cheapish hotel so are a bit limited in where we can stay. We are staying in san diego from the 7th till 11th of march 2009. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)




Just one more question, would it be a good idea to get a flight from las vegas to san diego?



I just had a quick look and the flight is cheaper than the transfer, takes less time and we can just get a taxi to whatever hotel we want.



Does that sound ok? Thanks :)




R U telling me the flight is cheaper than the bus?



If that is true then take the flight!



I%26#39;d then look at staying at La Pensione which is an inexpensive hotel but it%26#39;s convenient to our transportation system and you can walk to some great restaurants and a pub too.




Yep the flight I am looking at is $76 including taxes where as the transfer is $105 per person and takes ages!





Thanks for your quick replies it has helped alot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment