Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vacation Planning software ?

Is there a program available where I can enter, say, 20 tourist locations in California and it will place them in the BEST ORDER for (a) shortest road distances and (b) most scenic routes ?





Of course every Route Planner will do this for any two points, BUT without the above info I can%26#39;t decide what order to place my 20 locations in to begin with.





Ramblesider



Vacation Planning software ?


I have used the type of software you are asking about to plan some trips in smaller states (i.e.Indiana,Kentucky, Tennesse)and some others. I have not seen a good software package yet for Calfiornia. Hopefully someone else knows of such a package.





In the interim, the State Of California does give some suggestions for trips and best way to line up seeing some of the sights. Its not the best and hopefully someone knows of the software you are looking for. But thought I would at least let you know of this one:





visitcalifornia.com/widget/…



Vacation Planning software ?


Interesting question. I didn%26#39;t know that software existed which would plan the best order or most scenic route. I DO know that if you put your route stops in order then a site like Google Maps will then give you a route BUT I doubt if it considers ';most scenic'; as a parameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment