Friday, March 30, 2012

hback rides outside park/lee vining to midpines

Hi, All,



Two things:



We are driving from Lake Tahoe to Midpines on June 8, where we are staying for 3 nights. Assuming the road is clear, I think we can enter the park at Lee Vining. I was hoping to do at least one hike on the northeast side of the park, since we%26#39;re based on the west side, and I don%26#39;t think we%26#39;ll get back through. (Return flight out of Sacramento.)Any recommendations? Is that a good plan?



Second thing: Does anyone know where I can take a horseback ride outside the park (near Midpines, hopefully). I don%26#39;t like guided horse walks. I want to be able to lope a little, so I figure I%26#39;m better off outside the park.



Thanks!



Terre



hback rides outside park/lee vining to midpines


Good morning Terre,



Your plan sounds like a good one. The high country is stunning with fantastic hikes. We get great reports on the Lempbert Dome Hike and some of the the remoter lakes, Luken and May. More folks will chime in with their favorites.





There is Horseback riding around, but it is very hard to find a place that will let you ride on your own. The insurance is very high. What we have seen tends to be more lemming-esque, follower horses. I would be interested to learn if you have luck with the Horses and finding what you want.



hback rides outside park/lee vining to midpines


Oh, I don%26#39;t want to ride alone. I just want an outfitter who will let the group canter a bit, if we want to. Some outfitters won%26#39;t ever let you do anything but walk, which I find frustrating.



Thanks for the info on the hikes. How long do you estimate it will take to drive across the park from Lee Vining to Midpines?



Thanks!



Terre

No comments:

Post a Comment