Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hotels near the best tourist spots!

I%26#39;m coming to LA as part of a self-drive tour in October 2010 for my honeymoon, and plan on spending a few days looking around LA. Neither of us have been to LA before so want to see the main sights and get a good feel for the city.





Obviously, I want to see the best bits of LA but realise it%26#39;s a big city and we may not get round it all. Can anyone recommend some decent hotels that are varely central to the best tourist spots? We don%26#39;t want anything too expensive (perhaps $200 a night?) but as it%26#39;s our honeymoon we%26#39;d probably be prepared to pay a bit more if it was a good place.





Any recommendations for things to do/places to stay for 1st time LA visitors would be greatly appreciated!!!



Hotels near the best tourist spots!


Hi Milly - what is your hotel budget per night? do you have any particular attractions or sights that you want to see, or types of attractions / sights? Unfortunately, the usual tourist spots are for the most part spread around our very large city, instead of being clustered together. But if we have a better idea of what you%26#39;d like your itenerary to be, we can recommend an area or a specific hotel that%26#39;s as close as possible to as many of your destinations as possible.



Hotels near the best tourist spots!


Hi MachThree, thanks for the post. Probably looking around $200 a night but we%26#39;d probably go a bit further if necessary - not sure what sort of price things are in LA!





Think we%26#39;d definitely be looking to see Hollywood (Walk of Fame etc), I%26#39;d like to go to Sunset Boulevard and see that area. I%26#39;d like to go to Venice Beach and other beach areas but we will have a rental car so can drive to those sorts of places. We%26#39;d probably like to see Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, but I%26#39;m not sure how far this is in relation to Hollywood? I%26#39;m thinking a Hollywood hotel would be a good bet...These are all places that I%26#39;d like to be able to say I%26#39;ve seen when I get back to the UK.





I%26#39;d quite like to go and see the Queen Mary too, and Long Beach, but would this be worth it?



We were thinking of Universal Studios but I%26#39;m not sure we%26#39;re going to have time to fit that in.




Hi Milly - yup, Hollywood would probably be a good place to look for accomodation, as its near many of the places you mentioned (Beverly Hills %26amp; Rodeo Drive are a fairly short drive) and you should be able to get something in your budget.





I%26#39;ve never been on the Queen Mary myself, but the nearby Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment