Saturday, March 24, 2012

fave segway tour company

Thinking of booking a Segway tour...which company do you recommend? How early should I book the tour? We are coming in August.





Thanks for the help!



fave segway tour company


I find the Segway tour outfits%26#39; websites quite deceiving as they don%26#39;t really tell you where you%26#39;ll be going; you%26#39;ll just get great ';views'; of everything.





As far as I have seen with my own eyes and deciphered from the websites, these tours generally toodle around Fisherman%26#39;s Wharf. One has an option to go up the Hyde St. hill and another ';runs'; to the Palace of Fine Arts.





If you like that sense of adventure, I%26#39;d do a Go Car instead: http://www.gocartours.com/sanfrancisco.html These are GPS guided, two person little cars that you can go all over town in. Much more flexibility and wider range.





If you%26#39;re looking for a guided tour, Mr. Toad%26#39;s gets good reviews.





If you%26#39;re just out to see the sights along the waterfront, it%26#39;s easy enough to walk the areas the Segways are going, or catch the historic ';F train for $1.50.



fave segway tour company


Really? I%26#39;ve seen a lot of good reviews on this site. Does anyone here like the Segway Tours? I thought it looked like fun.




If the Segway%26#39;s appeal to you, by all means go. What I was trying to say, and I guess not very well, is that they%26#39;re range is rather limited. If you were planning on seeing the city by Segway I think you%26#39;d be disappointed, but if you%26#39;d like to take a Segway out for a bit of a spin, go for it.




that%26#39;s *their range* is limited.




Where exactly do you ride the segway things? Can you ride them on the sidewalk? Along the Embarcadero, I don%26#39;t think it would be a huge issue since the sidewalk is fairly wide, but down by the Wharf, I think they would be somewhat hazardous considering the number of people walking around and the narrow sidewalks.





I was at work a few days ago and I saw about a dozen segways unload and take off from in front of my office on Pier 47.




When I see them in the Marina, going to or around the Palace of Fine Arts, they are in the street, not on the sidewalk.




Basically, they are illegal on sidewalks in San Francisco. That is why their routes are extremely limited. Occasionally, I see a few ';rogue'; riders, but the tours are regimented, single file affairs. The novelty may be worth it, but you can cover a lot more ground in less time, on foot--cheaper too. The reviews on TA seem to be padded a bit. The one on Angel Island might be interesting......



http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25377



http://www.walksf.org/segways/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment