Friday, March 30, 2012

Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Deluxe Rent-a-car is the most horrible rental company on the face of the planet. Please don%26#39;t waste your time on this company--their low price is not worth the headache of their complete incompetence and lack of quality service.

I had the absolute worst time talking to their representatives. I had a flight arriving at 3 in the morning and I had to argue with their rep for hours because their rental policy is shady...AND THEY DON%26#39;T LET YOU KNOW THAT AHEAD OF TIME.

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL THEIR POLICIES BEFORE YOU EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY.

Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

DO NOT RENT FROM DELUXE!!! THEY HAVE A LOW SCORE WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!! My boyfriend and I flew into Los Angeles back in April (2008) to drive to the Coachella 3 day music festival in Indio. The shuttle driver that picked us up was a young girl whom talked on her cell phone the entire time and didn%26#39;t say one word to us; she also had all kinds of candy wrappers and trash surrounding her. When we got dropped off we had to wait for about 45 minutes in a very long line. We were given a car with a year expired registration tags. Yes that is correct - exactly a YEAR expired tags. We were pulled over by a policeman (whom was the rudest cop ever) and told the car had to be impounded. I was given a citation for driving a vehicle with expired tags, even after I told the cop it was a rental and he could clearly see that on the registration paper. The cop dropped us off around the corner and we had to wait over an hour for them to bring us another vehicle (we were only about 25 minutes away from the rental place). Also the vehicle that got impounded was a 2006 when my reservation states, ';GUARANTEED MODEL 2007 or 2008.';

By the time we got to the festival we had missed all the bands we wanted to see on the first day of the festival. This pretty much ruined our whole trip. When we brought the car back I spoke with a manager, whom was actually nice, and he comped the bill so we didn%26#39;t have to pay. Then a lady from the back office came and wrote all the information down from the citation and I was told that the citation would be taken care of...you can see where this is headed! They had 3 months to pay for this matter and they did not. I received a notice in the mail not to long ago from the LA Superior Court stating I owed $808 for not appearing and that my driver%26#39;s license could be suspended if I don%26#39;t pay. I tried calling the legal department of Deluxe and all I get is an answering machine and my call is never returned. I guess they figure since I live out of state that they can blow me off but I am now in the process of contacting a lawyer to resolve this matter. Next time I go to LA I will definitely rent from another, more reputable, company.

Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Please post reviews on review sites for this purpose: yelp.com, citysearch.com, etc.


I concur. BEWARE of DELUXE. They are unethical.

The rental agreement is full of exhorbitant penalty fees and a snare to trap people. I was fighting a parking ticket in LA County, which was mistakenly issued, when Deluxe swooped in, paid the ticket and added their own $125 on top, with out ever getting my permission. I did not need their intervention.

When I called to ask them about the unauthorized VISA charge they transferred my call to a line where you leave a message and it never gets answered. I%26#39;ve been had. They are preying on people. I don%26#39;t know how they will ever get any repeat business.

It looks like the sort of place that would close up in the middle of the night and reopen with a new name. You are better off paying a little more for a reputable rental car company which is honest, not to mention cleaner newer cars, less waiting time, and legitimate. Someone should go after these guys and shut them down.


I concur..

Deluxe Rent-a-car is the very worst car rental place I%26#39;ve ever used..

have been renting cars for well over 30 years and have a variety of experiences from all over the world.

the Los Angeles location (not sure if they have others) was the Very Worst ~ I should have checked this site prior to renting a car from them.

they were late in picking me up (45 minutes).

once we got to their far away location only one clerk was helping customers even thou the line got longer. several people were in the back and could see us thru the window but were only interested in using the computer and talking to one another.

then some slimy man came out from the back to help us. it took him 20 minutes to fill out the simple rental car application and then he took us to our car and relunctantly indicated damage that was on the car - on the contract..

return was just as bad,

rude lady who didn%26#39;t want to be bothered

no waiting bus

asked when the bus would arrive, was told it was in transit. it came ONE HOUR later!! we almost missed our flight.

YES, you will save a few dollars - but it%26#39;s not worth the aggravation.


Awful - we reserved a Toyota Matrix (specifically selected a Matrix over the Corolla which they offer), from carrentals.com by way of the kayak.com website, they gave us a Corolla (at first, without remote keyless entry) but I refused to take it because the ';check engine'; light came on. We are now driving a PT Cruiser which seems questionable as to it%26#39;s maintenance, and where it looks like the back seat hasn%26#39;t been cleaned in several years. We%26#39;re going to San Diego, and then out to the desert. I hope it makes it. When I asked if we could take a newer car Corolla that was just sitting there in their garage (there were about 12 of them.) we were told ';they just weren%26#39;t ready'; to be rented out.

I%26#39;ll update how the rest of the week/rental goes if it doesn%26#39;t meet up to expectations.


Hey this post is from 2008


These are basically spam/slander posts. Look at the posts, each and everyone who post in regards of Deluxe Rent a car either posted DONT RENT FROM THEM with there first or second post to never be heard of it again. We get them at least once a month here, same DONT RENT FROM THEM with a first post, probably a competitor. They might be horrible, i dont know as I never rented from them but I would not take posts like these as facts or '; real '; experiences

  • server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment