Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Traffic

I%26#39;m not 100% convinced that it will only take about 45 minutes to drive from Escondido to Linburgh Field at 7 AM on a week day. Any other people with an idea about this?



Traffic


With little or no traffic, 45 minutes sounds about right, but I would say it would be closer to an hour or a bit more. At that time traffic heading south is usually pretty heavy, especially from 78 to Via Rancho Pkwy. Once you get past Via Rancho it lightens up a bit, but is still rather heavy.





I live in Oceanside and I can easily get to the airport in 45 minutes with little or no traffic.







Traffic


Whenever someone suggests how long it takes you get somewhere you should consider the advice +or - at least 15min. There is traffic south on the I-15 in the morning and there is traffic going west on I-8or 52 sooooooo IF you want to beat traffic you need to leave earlier at about 6AM. Otherwise leave yourself an hour to get to the airport from Escondido and THEN make sure you are leaving yourself time at the airport too. I don%26#39;t ever check any bags and always do on line check in sooo for me I am usually through security and at my gate within 20min. at the MOST.




In the previous thread you stated you needed to be there by 7am. There is relatively little traffic on the road prior to 7am. If you leave at 615am you will be fine. Give yourself some extra time and leave at 6am if you aren%26#39;t convinced.





My advice would be to take the 15 to the 52 west to the 5 south.




Thank you. I feel much better about it now.




I agree with the leave at 615am post. Before 7am traffic is very light in all directions. Not knowing how long it takes you from your house to the 15, I dont know how long the drive will be but Ill bet once you get on 15 it will take no longer than 30 minutes.




I drive the 15S everyday from Poway and the above posts are spot on.


  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment