Thursday, April 19, 2012

Napa Proposal - Help?

I am aiming to propose in the middle of January, and will do so in Napa Valley; however, I have not been there so need suggestions.





My current thoughts are in on a patio with a great view, while the sunsets...but I need suggestions on where? (Whether it be a hotel/resort/winery terrace, or the patio/terrace of a nice room I can get...or any other suggestions). I have also thought of doing it in a private tasting room / cave (preferably one with a view or simply a cool room)...so am open to this as well. Will the weather in mid-January even work for a patio/terrace proposal?





Looking for romantic and private, something to be truly remembered....let me know your thoughts, would truly appreciate your suggestions and advice.



Napa Proposal - Help?


Congressman-





You posted this question earlier on these forums, and got some really nice suggestions:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32766-i258-k24078鈥?/a>





-The Innkeepers



Napa Old World Inn



Napa Proposal - Help?


I know, but I wanted to be more specific with my intentions and see if people knew of any specific wineries/resorts with nice places/rooms. I appreciate all suggestions and am looking to make a decision soon, so wanted to throw it out there. Thanks for your help.




OK, one more time ;)



Quintessa - you have a small hike to the terrace, and view of the private lake



Hartwell - sits on the top of the hill between Napa and Yountville



Restaurant - Auberge du Soleil - sunset is in the 5 o%26#39;clock hour - so get there for an early dinner or drinks.



The thing about January is you have to wait until that day to see what the weather is like. Hartwell has the nice views outside and inside. Rutherford Hill has caves, Quintessa has caves. Since caves are underground - you%26#39;re not going to find one with ';a view';, unless you mean a nice decor.



And then of course - sunset is after hours at most wineries.



Wineries open until 6:00



Peju



Nicholson Ranch - actually, I%26#39;ve never been, but they sit up high on a hill, I bet they have a nice view



Domaine Carneros - pretty nice spot - have champagne, excuse me, sparlking wine, while you propose



Domaine Chandon - Ditto



Good luck




I will bet a hundred dollars that ';she'; knows that this is a ';proposol trip';. Why don%26#39;t you just get together and together find the most romantic place you can agree on in which to do your pledge?




I meant to add that this would be a good start for your marriage. Meaning that YOU are not making the decisions alone but taking into considerations HER wishes. For what it is worth.





As an aside, I can guarantee you that your ';romattic and private, something to be truly remembered,'; may not be HERS.




Dear Congressman -





My vote for the proposal location in the Napa Valley that you have already received (from very helpful TAs) is the restaurant at Auberge du Soleil. It has a beautiful patio with a great view - and sunsets. You can also spend the night there.





Very romantic, private, and something that would surely be memorable.





If you stay there overnight, you can figure out your exact location at the site (on patio, in restaurant, near vineyards) before you propose.





Sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment