Saturday, March 24, 2012

';Northshore Condos'; or St. Francis Lakeside';?

Looking to rent a condo this summer for a few days. Found listings for both of these complexes on VRBO. Wondering if any of you locals/experts could recommend one over the other or give me opinions about them? What the beach might be like, other complex amenities, location, etc...thanks!

';Northshore Condos'; or St. Francis Lakeside';?

I driven by St. Francis, but I%26#39;m not sure where Northshore condos are. If you can get me the addresses, I%26#39;ll be happy to pretend I%26#39;m a potential guest.

';Northshore Condos'; or St. Francis Lakeside';?

Spotcat you are amazing! I will do a little research and see if I can get an address for you. Thank you!


Thanks! I%26#39;m not amazing, but I live here and don%26#39;t mind doing a little research for you.


Northshore Condos are in Tahoe City on Lassen:

vacation-rentals-lake-tahoe.com/northshore_c…

I do like the Tahoe City area. I assume you will go down to Edgewater to park or use the lake.

I like to use the google sattelite where you can place the little person at the street level and look at the twoc places using your ';own eyes';.


Both complexes are in Tahoe City in sort of adjacent neighborhoods. St Francis appears to be a little west of Northshore and the closest beach would be Lake Forest Beach. There is room for parking your car there.


Thanks for the info. Actually it looks like both complexes have their own private beach. So couldn%26#39;t you just walk to your beach? I guess you would have to drive if your unit was far away. The unit I am looking at says the beach is just steps from the door. (This is a St. Francis Lakeside unit). I appreciate the info.


Still hoping to compare these locations/complexes...anyone/


Sorry! I did go by both of them. I looked at a condo in St. Francis. It was nice and clean, furnished in typical rental style. Northshore condos wouldn%26#39;t show their units, even though I told them I was looking at condos for visiting family members. St. Francis looks like a nicer complex. They aren%26#39;t very far apart, either location would be fine. There are other small beaches you can walk to if you don%26#39;t like the condo complex beach. They are in a neighborhood with homes and small businesses. My brother lives in this neighborhood and likes it very much. I went over there on Tuesday. We walked to Bacchi%26#39;s and ate some yummy Italian food.


Thank you Spotcat! It was very generous of you to go to that trouble. I did notice on the websites that Northshore condos seemed to have a nice large beach and St. Francis looked like a waterfront with no real sandy beach. But photos can be deceiving. And as you say there are other beaches to walk to. Am trying to decide between one of these 2 and Tahoe Taverns condos. They are a bit more expensive but with a great location which I think is an easy walk to Tahoe City. Thank you so much for your help. Hopefully I can decide on someting within the next week or so. If you have any other suggestions that would be great! Thanks, Kathi


Tahoe Taverns is a great complex, isn%26#39;t it? I have friends who have stayed at Red Wolf Lakefront and liked it quite a bit. Chinquapin is a popular complex, but the units I%26#39;ve been in were really dated. Star Harbor is another complex you might want to check out.

  • posters for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment