Thursday, April 19, 2012

what are the tidepools?

I keep reading about the tidepools at Point Loma. What exactly are they?





Thanks!



what are the tidepools?


When the tide is low it exposes %26#39;pools%26#39; that hold the water and sealife. When the tide is REALLY low, like in winter, you can see a multitude of plant life and sea life...i.e. sea urchins, star fish, small fish, sometimes octopi or eels.



what are the tidepools?


I definitely recommend checking these out - esspecially if you aren%26#39;t familiar with tide pools in general. It is really neat to see the sea animals that live in this ecosystem.




Hey Dragon,(my favorite collectible)Don%26#39;t they have low tide in Maine???



At low tide you can see the sea creatures that live around the rocks. The area below Cabrillo National Monument in our Point Loma neighborhood is a great area to explore.




Thanks for all the information - sounds like something to see for sure!





I guess I got confused (yes, we do have tides in Maine! :-) ) - because I thought that Point Loma was high up like on a cliff or something. I kept reading about the great views so I thought it was up high and thus got confused about tide pools. :-)





Now I know better!!!!





Thanks,



Dragon




Hi Dragon,



I can understand how you might get confused.



Cabrillo IS high up on cliff so you were right.



I hope you enjoy your visit.




Point Loma is basically a mountainous penninsula that sticks out into the ocean - so on top of the mountain you%26#39;ve got great views and down at the water line you%26#39;ve got the tide pools.




Is point loma and liberty station area next to each other? WE will be in liberty station can we walk to see these tidepools? Is there tidepools only seen in point loma or are they in la jolla area too?




There are tidepools in La Jolla too. Probably the best are on the backside of the Children%26#39;s Pool where the seals are located. That was our favorite spot when I was growing up.




Thanks native! We will be staying in la jolla as well so we will go so them there. Is there still areas to collect seashells?




Shell Beach (!) in between the Children%26#39;s Pool and La Jolla Cove. I think the stairs down the cliff to the beach have been repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment