Friday, March 23, 2012

Could be the last journey/holiday!

Hello everyone



I am looking for any advice on making a trip to LA/LV of the USA! Maybe Sept/Oct time!



Iam a devorced English woman and I want to give my Mum and my Uncle the trip of a life time! They have both had a terrible time this year so far!



My uncle has had cancer in his throat and my mother has had to have a colostomy!



They are both very fit people normally but this has taken them back a little but with each day God is blessing them to get well again!



We have been to the US many times but never done LA or LV or surounding areas



We really want to stay in Las vagas and do the Grand Canyon but want to include other places!



I would really be grateful if anyone could give me advice that I could make this the trip they never forget!



Yours faithfully



Trish



Could be the last journey/holiday!


Depending upon the nature of your relatives, Vegas is an awfully garish place. If they like that thing, go ahead. However, if there are looking for something more serene, L.A. has much to offer. Some suggestions:





1) Getty Center



2) Huntington Library %26amp; Gardens



3) Performance at Hollywood Bowl (early September)



4) Performance at Disney Hall (October)



5) Cathedral



6) Central Library



7) Point Dume in Malibu



8) Griffith Observatory





These are sights in addition to the usual stuff. After their medical ordeals, these are the kinds of things I%26#39;d be interested in. But, that%26#39;s really up to you and them.





HTH



Could be the last journey/holiday!


Wait til as late in October as possible for Vegas. September and the 120 degree heat is no place to take people who are just getting back on their feet!




First let me say how sorry I am that your family has had such a difficult year and how glad I am that they are doing better and will be able to travel.





You have some time to do some research and the list of items posted before are some great suggestions but I would not take LV of the list especially if they have never visited Vegas. Everyone should visit Vegas at least once in there life.





Although there is the garish and bawdy side to Vegas there is so much more and some amazing shows that I think your family will love. Visit the Vegas Forum of this site and you will be amazed at all the info!





So take your time research and ask questions and have the trip of a lifetime!




I was in Vegas last year around october and I think the temperatur was in the 80%26#39;s which is a huge difference from the 110+ you would experience the month before. So definatly plan to do Vegas on the last leg of your trip. Also have to agree that everyone should be at Vegas at least once in there life






Thank you so much for your help I think the Las Vagas is just a,,,, we can say we have been, seen and done it! If only for a day or two!



Thats why I needed advice as to what else to include in our trip!



Thanks again



Trish




Thank you so much Im so excited at finding this site!!



Trish x




Incredeble I cant believe the temperature difference in just a short time thats good to know!



Thank you so much!



Trish




They call it a desert for a reason, we humans logically could not sustain to be living out there(Including L.A.) But in regards of Vegas, nothing is logical, so just enjoy your trip! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment